Skip to main content

Should We Hire a Security Contractor or Not

On my previous post, I was quite in panic thinking for an upgrade for our old, outdated CCTV system. It’s been a while since we had it installed in our home. Our first child wasn’t born yet when we decided we should have security cameras installed outside near the front door. Then, as me and my wife where planning, we agreed we also need to install a baby monitor on Natalie’s room. But it ended up that instead of buying a separate baby monitor and a CCTV, we just hired a Miami alarm company to have a couple of security cams be installed in our house.

It turned out to be practical decision for us. We have this surveillance monitor installed in the master bedroom so not only we can monitor the camera outside the house, the other half of the screen is monitoring the baby’s room. It’s only when our third-born Ellie started going to school when we had the CCTV removed from the girl’s room and placed on the hallway near the living room and the guest room.

The same contractor did the job for us. They were very friendly and accommodating. It’s just sad that the company went bankrupt due to the recession and that the business needed to downgrade; they closed a couple of branches in 2008 – one branch that closed unfortunately is the one located in Miami. Now, I’m in search for a trusted Miami alarm company to upgrade our existing security system.

As Aimee and I were having a conversation one afternoon, we both agreed that we can have the home alarms upgrade first; then next will be the store security system. We both think we need more security cams outside and inside, maybe 2 more; but just to make sure, we agreed we both need to consult a contractor to check if what we think is a wise decision.

The techie guy I talked to two weeks ago for some strange reason is nowhere to be found; his contact number is unreachable so I guess I myself together with my wife (and kids) will be on the hunt for the right security systems provider in the area.

I’ve started asking the business owners and entrepreneurs nearby about their security alarm contractor. To my surprise, I think about one-third of them are using DIY security alarms they bought from either the hardware store or online! Some don’t even have a security system installed on their store. Only a couple in fact have seek the services of an alarm provider. It’s gonna be quite tough I told myself.


We need to be practical and wise with the choice we will make. So the question is whether we will look for a Miami alarm company to hire for our security upgrade; or should be go to the do-it-yourself route. A few times, on shop tv, I came across some CCTVs (and other home security products) being sold online. They all seem to be easy to use and install – and of course part of their advertising tactics, they’re pretty much cheaper in price but their features are really amazing. But we have to be careful in making decisions. It’s not only our family’s safety that’s at stake here; but also the business (because we’ll probably be getting the same kind of product for our home and the store). So we’ll see what will be our final decision. Hope we can decide soon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking About Security Systems Upgrade

Having a family of my own, I came to a point where I tend to overthink about the welfare of my wife and especially my kids, and me being last in the list I guess. And if it’s for my family’s own good sake, I think overthinking is fine. With all the prices of goods and commodities continuously rising, and wages and salary seem to be never enough, business never felt more secure than before – I mean my store used to earn more like fifteen years ago; we had twelve employees then and now we’re only eight including me and my wife. Education, health insurance, car loan, mortgage, expenses are endless! Not complaining at all, I’ve got my loving and ever supportive wife Aimee and our three lovely daughters – nothing to be grumpy about. It’s just that my point being is that nowadays and in the future, people need to do extra in order to survive in the modern world. So recently, the jewelry shop a few stores away from our stall had been robbed. An estimate of twenty three hundred cash and so