Skip to main content

Thinking About Security Systems Upgrade

Having a family of my own, I came to a point where I tend to overthink about the welfare of my wife and especially my kids, and me being last in the list I guess. And if it’s for my family’s own good sake, I think overthinking is fine.

With all the prices of goods and commodities continuously rising, and wages and salary seem to be never enough, business never felt more secure than before – I mean my store used to earn more like fifteen years ago; we had twelve employees then and now we’re only eight including me and my wife. Education, health insurance, car loan, mortgage, expenses are endless! Not complaining at all, I’ve got my loving and ever supportive wife Aimee and our three lovely daughters – nothing to be grumpy about. It’s just that my point being is that nowadays and in the future, people need to do extra in order to survive in the modern world.

So recently, the jewelry shop a few stores away from our stall had been robbed. An estimate of twenty three hundred cash and some pieces of fine jewelries amounting to almost a hundred thousand bucks was stolen too. Luckily no one get hurt as it was after store hours when the robbery happened. Investigators said the guard at watch is allegedly an accomplice. The footages of the CCTVs are still under review.

That incident made me realize something. The surveillance cameras in and out of my store might not be enough. Sure they may capture the robbery footages… but can they capture the robbers? What if that happened to my business? And what if I will not be able to get back what they’ve stole? Or what if they’ll trace where my home is and rob our house too?! Now I’m being paranoid.

A friend of mine owns the store next to the jewelry shop. He was grateful the thieves were caught on cam – and that they rob the other shop and not his! Kidding aside, he was thinking of replacing his fifteen year old CCTV system; he knew someone he nicknamed as a techie guy that had been installing DIY security systems.  The three of us had a quick chat over a cup of tea one afternoon and by the tone of this techie guy and his charismatic eyes (lol!) and vast knowledge on security systems, I was somehow convinced that it’s time for an upgrade. First on my own house – yes! I told you I overthink when it comes to my girl’s security and stuff! Then next thing – soon – is my convenience store. I was also looking at some security systems company around here and still contemplating which one to choose.

Will post updates on my next blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should We Hire a Security Contractor or Not

On my previous post, I was quite in panic thinking for an upgrade for our old, outdated CCTV system. It’s been a while since we had it installed in our home. Our first child wasn’t born yet when we decided we should have security cameras installed outside near the front door. Then, as me and my wife where planning, we agreed we also need to install a baby monitor on Natalie’s room. But it ended up that instead of buying a separate baby monitor and a CCTV, we just hired a Miami alarm company to have a couple of security cams be installed in our house. It turned out to be practical decision for us. We have this surveillance monitor installed in the master bedroom so not only we can monitor the camera outside the house, the other half of the screen is monitoring the baby’s room. It’s only when our third-born Ellie started going to school when we had the CCTV removed from the girl’s room and placed on the hallway near the living room and the guest room. The same contractor did the